Health and Safety – Good Practices
According to information and rules provided by REACH Regulation, CLP Regulation and the legislation framework about waste, there are certain proper practices for the safe management of lubricants and more particularly, of Waste Lubricating Oil (WLO). Below, there is some advice taken from an extensive list including optimal practices (e.g. SEPA, COSHH, etc) for the users of lubricants and waste lubricating oils.
- Always wear protective gloves.
- Keep the material stored in containers which are in good condition away from weather conditions and fire sources.
- Immediately address any material leak with the use of absorbents (e.g. sawdust) to clean the stain.
- The oil-contaminated absorbent is hazardous waste. Dispose it in the same way as the waste lubricating oil.
- As a consumer, avoid changing the lubricant myself and seek for professional services.
- Contact a legally authorized WLO collector to collect the waste as soon as possible.
- Avoid eye contact, skin contact etc.
- Do not inhale fumes and I do not eat or smoke near the lubricant.
- Do not pour unused or used lubricant on the garbage, the ground or into the drainage.
- Do not use lubricant waste to regulate the dust over the streets.
- Do not allow WLO mixture with other waste and/or water.
Do not deliver the WLO to unauthorized and/or illegal collectors.
|Conclusion 1||Lubricants do not wear, they are just contaminated. By the process of re-refining, they can be used again, without losing their ability to lubricate.||√|
|Conclusion 2||Using up-to-date re-refining technology we can recover 100% of useful material for high-quality re-refined base lubricant production, perfectly compatible to the modern market needs.||√|
|Conclusion 3||WLO re-refining consumes 70% less energy and raw material compared to crude oil re-refining.||√|
|Conclusion 4||Re-refining provides new working positions and promotes the National Economy.||√|
|Conclusion 5||1 litre of used lubricant can contaminate almost 1,000,000 litres of fresh water.||√|